7 Precious Things That Make Great Bosses Unforgettable

“Don’t Pick A Job…Pick A Boss!” I certainly relate to this quote, and am pretty sure you heard this quote. Almost a year, I realized that Boss plays a crucial role when you work for a company. Being supportive and sharing knowledge are the best things I see when I work with my manager. 




1. Not Allowing Us To Take Stress: First & Foremost, we are human. If your manager understands this, then you have the best boss. It has been repetitive, “Sourabh, Don’t take stress for this!”
Even I am not on stress; still, it’s a concern which I observed. Come-on, it’s a media company. Even super-bosses and manager have that kind of major stress. Even they have certain targets which they need to achieve. Yes, we have certain freedom & flexibility; it doesn’t mean I have taken advantage.

2. Important Conversation:  Daily conversation with a manager is an important factor. If you are not having any conversation, then you are taking your work very lightly. My main important conversation is all about target, execution, promotion, analytics, etc.  These conversations are very usual with my boss when we achieve certain target or going through bad phase pertain to work, “Chalo Daru Pite Hai”,“Chalo Koi Nahi, Next Time Isse Better Karke Dikhayenge”

3. Bundle Of Knowledge: Throughout my career, I realized that there are certain bosses who always like to keep their knowledge hidden. Yes, we are at the executive level. Information is too confidential, I understand. But you should not have any problem if you have any existing knowledge, please share with us. Exchange of knowledge is the best thing and that’s what I believe. The only reason I am taking a digital media subject in colleges because of knowledge and that too practical one. You don’t need to hide anything, just keep a track that your employees are having that much amount of knowledge as a boss has. Knowledge and Learning are the best gift given by God. “Download all learning and upload all knowledge”

4. 24x7 Available:  In a media firm, we all need to remain active 24x7. No matter if I am travelling in crowded trains or I am at the family function or spending quality time with my loved ones. It’s a media company and you need to be a workaholic. At times, it turns out to be a different level when I don’t have internet connection or fail to reply in mails or messages. But yes, there is someone who always takes care of my work. It is none other than my manager. Certain things which don’t work on time from an executive level, your boss will be the one who will keep a track on your work and ensure it should go on time.

5. Credits: Throughout my career, this is the only thing which I have waited for a long time. And yes, I got it. If your achievements need to be showcased in front of your super bosses, credit is an important factor. If your manager is introducing you to the new people in the media industry, and gives all credit for showcasing your work then you have the best boss ever.  

6. Welcome Idea from Employees:  Positive idea or irrelevant idea, it doesn’t work. If I have positive idea, then it’s like an achievement for him. But if I have some irrelevant idea, he always asks me to improvise. Most of the time, we stay out for a shoot. And it always become an achievement for cracking all live shoots. And the most important part of our life is feedback. If you keep getting feedback, whether it is positive or negative, ensure the learning is important. Remarkable bosses don’t force you to do a task the way they want it done. They see the potential within employees and know the ways in which they can bring out the best in employees.

7. Believe In Their Employees:  Yes, we are human. “Galti Toh Insaan Se He Hoti Hai” With one mistake, they will think of giving feedback. It is easy for a boss to avoid them. Remarkable bosses on the other hand help the employee get over their weaknesses and help them get through the tough times. They forgive, they forget, but, they maintain the belief on their employees.

You don’t need to lie to your boss, if he/she understands you well. Share if you have a genuine problem, I am sure your problem will definitely bring solutions. You are not going office for a stress or tension. You are learning, exploring, discovering and experiencing the widest knowledge you can take. Even I thought of quitting jobs because I realized that I can’t be the best or a right person to service this company. But someone proved me wrong.  And he realized that I have certain inner talent which I can explore in this company. If I will become a boss someday, I will keep these two things in my mind i.e. Knowledge and Learning.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Beginning - New Story - #ShareTheLoad

Keep Calm & Learn English

Deo Tibba – The Magical Trekking Experience